Friday, April 12, 2013

NASCAR Racing Experience a Thrill of a Lifetime

Reviewed by Ashley of ReserveDirect.comReady to experience an adrenaline rush in Myrtle Beach?  Then head to NASCAR Racing Experience, located at the Myrtle Beach Speedway.  There are several options available at the attraction so guests can choose between a ride along and a timed driving session.  Both give you a glimpse of what a real NASCAR experience is like!

I chose the ride along experience during my visit as I didn’t have time for the full driving session.  The driving sessions – which give guests the opportunity to race for five to eight minutes – takes about three hours for drivers to prepare before they can hit the track.  During the training session a Crew Chief teaches you everything you need to know prior to driving and it includes an instructional video, safety training, and question and answer session.  If you’d like to drive a real NASCAR, some of which have been driven by Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Michael Waltrip, be sure to plan to spend an afternoon at the raceway.

 
Gearing up for my ride along session, I watched as cars raced by on the track and could feel the excitement hit me.  Soon enough, it was my turn.  I put on the sanctioned racing helmet and jumped into the window on the passenger side.  Yep, this is a real NASCAR car so the doors don’t open.  Once I was safely inside one of the crew members secured my five-point seatbelt, the engines revved and we were off!  Zipping along the track I could feel the power of the car as it pulled us along the banked raceway.  I’ve got to tip my hat to my driver who, although young, was certainly a pro at maneuvering the powerful car.    I could really feel the speed as we accelerated along the straightaways and my adrenaline really pumped as we hugged the inside of the track along the curves.  The trip, which lasted about 10 minutes, had me yearning to do the drive session on my next visit.  After experiencing what the inside of a NASCAR car is really like, and enjoying the speed and power they possess, I knew driving one had to be a rush!
No matter which option you pick at NASCAR Racing Experience Myrtle Beach you’re sure to have a good time.  Race to the track today to experience NASCAR at its finest.  

No comments: