Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Duttons in Branson Show America They've Got Talent

Reviewed by Ashley of ReserveDirect.comAfter seeing The Duttons in Branson, Missouri all I can is “Wow!” I was completely in awe of their mastery of instruments, singing, and overall appeal they exude. This is one talented family, albeit one of the most talented I’ve ever seen, and they connect the idea of family-friendly entertainment in all they do. Some of you might be familiar with them already, as they were top ten finalists on last year’s “America’s Got Talent.”

The show began with a medley of country & bluegrass hits, including “Mountain Music,” “If you’re gonna play in Texas,” “I’ve Been Everywhere” and “Bayou.” From there, the performers delighted me with their sheer instrumental talent, even playing behind their backs. Amy is one of the finest Fiddle/Violinists I have ever heard, and she amazed me throughout the show. Her brother, Tim, is also one of the most versatile musicians I’ve found in the Branson area, and his ability to play every instrument on the stage was remarkable!

The Dutton Family also has several little members, the Dutton children. Now, many Branson shows have the performer’s children in them. However, none have impressed me the way the Dutton Children did. They took the stage and made it their own! My favorite kiddie performance was the Dress Shop segment, where Ben’s little boy sings “Somewhere Out There.”

There is so much in The Dutton Show, it is hard to point out all of the highlights. But, a few more of my favorites included the classical segment, where the violin is accompanied by the piano, then by the whole band, for a moving number. Their “Devil Went Down to Georgia” performance was a rousing rendition of a country classic, as was their fun interpretation of “Cotton Eyed Joe.” The Branson Dutton Show was capped off by a spot-on performance of their signature song, where all performers played the opposite violin, creating an instrumental effect I’ve never seen before!

No comments: