Monday, July 18, 2011

WonderWorks Myrtle Beach Combines Education with Entertainment

Reviewed by Ashley of ReserveDirect.comWonderWorks Myrtle Beach is an all-new attraction located at Broadway at the Beach. Known as an "amusement park for the mind," WonderWorks combines education with entertainment. With over 100 interactive attractions located in a massive 50,000 square-foot building, attendees of all ages enjoy the mind-stimulating, hands-on exhibits. Plus, the WonderWorks building is an attraction in and of itself as its dramatic exterior features a classically designed building that appears to have landed upside down.

I entered the museum through an Inversion Tunnel, which makes you feel like you are defying gravity, and on the other side discovered a plethora of engaging attractions. The Xtreme 360 Bikes are a popular attraction, as visitors pedal their way on these tandem bikes as they try to generate enough power to complete a full loop over the top and back to its original position. I tried it myself and it was the highlight of my day. A few of my other favorites were the Wonder Simulators, where I got to design my own 360 degree virtual roller coaster; the Space Zone, where I was in control of landing a NASA space shuttle; and the Mindball Challenge, where participants use their own brain waves to move a ball across the table to the opposing side. Some other favorite elements were the bed of nails, bubble lab, hurricane shack, and Fun with Light and Sound Zone, where I danced on a floor piano, created shadow impressions and played virtual air hockey. WonderWorks also features a three story black-light rope obstacle course that I climbed and conquered at the end of my adventure.

The WonderWorks attraction is home to a café and bar on Lake Broadway, serving pizza, sandwiches, salads and other light fare. I had received a discount with my WonderWorks ticket and grabbed a bite to eat after I had tried all of the interactive attractions housed inside the upside-down building that is WonderWorks. You can add even more fun to your day by visiting Soar and Explore, located right next door. It is home to a zipline adventure and ropes challenge course.

No comments: