Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The ZORB is a Thrilling Smoky Mountain Adventure

Reviewed by Ashley of ReserveDirect.comThe ZORB Smoky Mountains is a thrilling experience that is truly one-of-a-kind. Offering the Zydro (wet ride) or Zorbit (dry ride) the ZORB in Pigeon Forge will get your adrenaline pumping. The rides take place in a giant, inflatable, 12ft globe that sends you rolling down a specially designed hill. The ZORB globes are essentially a globe inside a globe. You, the Zorbonaut, are placed inside the inner globe and rolled down the hill while cushioned on a 3ft pocket of air.

When I arrived at the ZORB headquarters, I checked in and received my ZORB S.T.A.R.T. Certificate, which meant I was ready for my adventure. After that, I headed outside and took a look at the hill that I would soon be tumbling down. The hill doesn’t seem that long until you reach the top. That’s when you can really see how far you’re going to roll – the length of six football fields. All the same, I was amped to experience the ZORB. I choose to do the Zorbit ride, which promised a head-over-heels adrenaline rush that’ll have you coming back for more.

After strapping into the specially-designed safety harness, I was ready to become a Zorbonaut. At first tumble, I realized this was going to be a blur of blue, green, blue, green. The ride down the hill kept a smile plastered on my face the entire time and even though my eyes remained open during the entire journey, I witnessed only a beautiful mosaic of blues and greens, only aware of what was sky and what was earth. While zorbiting I had the feeling of weightlessness and g-force.

ZORB employees take photos of your adventure that can be purchased once your ride is complete.

I highly recommend becoming a Zorbonaut to anyone that visits Pigeon Forge. I can’t wait to try out the Zydro on my next trip!

No comments: