Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Universal Orlando Resort an Entertaining Mix of Thrills and Superheroes

Reviewed by Ashley of ReserveDirect.comRecently, I visited Universal Orlando® Resort and was blown away by the attention to detail that immersed me upon entering its gates. Divided into two sections, Universal Studios® and Islands of Adventure®, these theme parks encapsulated the thrills of roller coasters while also exploring the fascinating aspects of movies with virtual-reality based attractions surrounded by buildings, sets and shops that look like they are straight from Hollywood’s movie sets. One of the best things about Universal Orlando is the characters the resort is built around. From rides featuring classic characters like E.T. to newer phenoms like The SimpsonsTM to superhero stars like Spider-ManTM and The Hulk, every aspect of entertainment is covered.

While at Universal, I felt as if I was in a city all its own, which is an amazing feat in and of itself, but the experience was made even better by the design of the resort, which allowed me to view every last inch of the park without backtracking or walking myself in circles. The layout of the resort, with individually themed areas throughout like Seuss’ LandingTM, is reminiscent of a movie set and theme park combined, which is the exact combination I believe Universal Orlando Resort desired. The first ride I ventured on was the classic E.T. Adventure® which recreated the famous bicycle scene and guided riders on a quest to save E.T.’s friends. Next was the new The Simpsons RideTM, where although the line was long, was worth every minute of the wait. This new ride is unlike any other ride I’ve ever been on as it puts you face to face with all of your favorite Simpsons characters in a setting best described as a virtual reality. Before I made my way to Islands of Adventure, I made time for a trip on The Revenge of the Mummy®, where the fun of a roller coaster is mixed with the danger of the Mummy Curse.

At Islands of Adventure I knew I had to ride The Incredible Hulk Coaster® the minute I saw its twisting loops of green. After a moderate wait, the Hulk Coaster blasted me into curves, twists and drops that could easily have some passengers seeing green. My fellow companions & I, however, who are diehard roller coaster enthusiasts, loved every minute of the fast-paced ride.

Orlando’s Universal Orlando Resort immerses guests in the world of movies, superheroes, cartoons and the limitless scene of imagination. On top of everything they offer for daytime fun, Universal’s CityWalk® is there to cater to every nightlife need you may have, whether it’s a cool drink or hot dinner.

No comments: